Links to Marriage Publications
- Cardinal Wuerl: Church Must Continue to ‘Speak the Truth and Minister With Love : National Catholic Register
- 100 Hints: How to Stay Married for Life : Insights From Those Married 50 Years or More! by Bill Morelan, Honor Books, 1996. A collection of stories from those who are living happily ever after.
- The 100 Best Ways to Stay Together , by Ben White, Dell Publishing Co., 1998. A selection of short, whimsical tips in a 76-page paperback.
- Fighting for Your Marriage : Positive Steps for Preventing Divorce and Preserving a Lasting Love,” by Howard Markman and Scott Stanley, Jossey-Bass Publishing, 1996. Based on 20 years of marriage research, this book outlines how to create a strong marriage by learning healthy communication techniques.
- The Heart of Commitment , by Scott Stanley, Thomas Nelson, 1998. This book by the co-director of the Center for Marital and Family Studies at the University of Denver focuses on creating a commitment-based marriage.
- We Can Work It Out: How to Solve Conflicts , Save Your Marriage and Strengthen Your Love for Each Other, by Clifford Notarius and Howard Markman, Perigee, 1994. An easy-to-use handbook for successful relationships.
- Love, Honor & Negotiate: Making Your Marriage Work , by Betty Carter and Joan Peters,” Pocket Books, 1996. How to renegotiate your marriage contract and deal with practical as well as emotional changes that occur throughout your marriage.
- Marriage Savers , Bethesda , Md. Information: 301/469-5870. Founded by Michael and Harriet McManus, this nonprofit group works with religious and civic groups all over the country to prevent divorce through premarital education and counseling.
- Successfully Different – An Alternative to Divorce : …shows how to make love work by stressing the need to accept and appreciate your partner for being unique and different. Details solutions for building solid foundation.
- Loving Tough, Loving Smart, Loving You – You and the Alcoholic : … an eye-opening guide for those living with of loving an alcoholic. Gives clear and common sense alternatives for those who choose not to “work the Steps” of AA. Offers the reader a way to regain self-respect and dignity.
- Saving a Loveless, Sexless Marriage, The Miracle of Retrouvaille
- Retrouvaille Helped Our Broken Marriage
Links to Lay Ministry Resources